Skip to content
Key Differences Between Training and Education
- Training refers to an act of inculcating specific skills in a person. Education is all about gaining theoretical knowledge in the classroom or any institution.
- Training is a way to develop specific skills, whereas education is a typical system of learning.
- Training is completely based on practical application, which is just opposite in the case of education that involves theoretical orientation.
- The concept of training is narrow while the concept of education is comparatively wider.
- Training involves hands-on experience regarding the particular job. On the other hand, education involves learning in the classroom.
- The term of education is longer than the duration of training.
- The training prepares a person for the present job. Conversely, education prepares a person for future job and challenges.
- The purpose of training is to improve the performance and productivity of employees. As opposed to education, where the purpose is to develop a sense of reasoning and judgement.
- During training, a person learns, how to do a specific task. Unlike Education, which teaches about the general concepts.